More About Jeffrey C. Davis
What I Love Most About Photography is the joy it brings me to bless others with my God given talent. I specifically enjoy the following:
- I enjoy making people look good. Posing a couple, having them stand next to some nature, telling them to look into each others’ eyes all plays a role in this, and it can be fun and fulfilling.
- I enjoy being artistic. Cropping, lightening, adding coloring, making something black and white, and other postproduction techniques can make a somewhat plain picture come to life.
- I enjoy the anticipation of delivering to the bride and groom their pictures. It can feel like Christmas Eve when you’re wrapping presents for the next morning.
- I enjoy making people feel good. The expressions of joy and satisfaction when they see their finished gallery puts me on a high and gives me a greater sense of purpose in life.
- I enjoy leaving them with a gift they can use to reflect on throughout their marriage. One couple told me the pictures I took have actually blessed their relationship.
I recognize that a wedding is one of the most important days in a couple’s life, and I see it as both a joy and an honor to be a part of it. While I focus primarily on weddings, I still do portraits and events, and I’ve never lost the motivation that developed in South Africa: to treat each villager’s picture like it was the only one they may ever have taken of themselves, and give each photo (and person) my personal attention as a result.
– Jeffrey C. Davis